Pramit Parna Paul
Pramit Paul (born: 1977) is a painter from Bengal. He completed his Masters in Visual Arts from Rabindra Bharati University. Pramit's works have a flat graphic style and carry a propensity for stuffing multiple narratives into each drawing or collage.
His paintings borrow and reproduce eclectic source material, including ornamental designs and patterns, textile and wallpaper, gift pack colourful paper, photographs, advertising images, illustrations from fairy-tales books, art history, magazines, and view from the window during his travels.
His achievements include:
- 2016- PhD from Assam University (A Central University) in the department of Visual Art.
- 2018- Award in best Painting from 1st All India Art Exhibition, State Gallery Of Art,Govt.of Telengana, Hyderabad.
- 2017-Award with ‘certificate of merit’ for painting at Charukala Pradarshani, organised by Department of Information & cultural affairs, Govt.of west Bengal
- 2017-Award in best drawing from 2nd Tripura State Art Exhibition, Agartala.
- 2004-Nirod Baran Memorial Prize from Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata.
- 2004-Bhunath Mukherjee Smriti Puraskar from Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata.